teachers' day tribute
Addiction
"I spotted you plaing at a LAN shop yesterday, Kenneth"
The reamrk caught me totally off guard. My throat went dry. My heart galloped violently. I froze. How could she know? I screamed silently. Why is she singling me out? What about the others?
"You must have been mistaken, I'm sure there are people who may look like him," a familiar voice broke the uneasy silence.
"Yeah... I was at home studying"
The charismatic and defiant leader of my 'LAN gang' audaciously questioned her credibility. On cue, I bblatantly lied in a desperate bid to deny the truth.
"Well Kenneth, I just want you to know that I care about you"
Right then, as her disapointment-ridden pupils found mine, i could have sworn that a pike has impaled my conscience. However I put in a mask of defiance and bewilderment. Then, she walked away in resignation writ on her face, leaving those heart-felt words on my mind.
As if the incident were a bad dream or a figment of my imagintion, she never brought up the LAN issue again. either did I continue my shady form of entertainment.
Although I have yet to own up, and will probably never, this particular incident was the one that spurred me to go the extra mile, to think twice before making rash decisions because I know that someone cares about me. To her, my unsung heroine, thank you.
(LAN- abbreviation of Locan Area Network connection. It is a network where local computers link up to play together. It is cilloquially used to represent Computer Gaming Cafes.)
Kenneth Kum
Sec 332
adopted from 'Our Gift'
"I spotted you plaing at a LAN shop yesterday, Kenneth"
The reamrk caught me totally off guard. My throat went dry. My heart galloped violently. I froze. How could she know? I screamed silently. Why is she singling me out? What about the others?
"You must have been mistaken, I'm sure there are people who may look like him," a familiar voice broke the uneasy silence.
"Yeah... I was at home studying"
The charismatic and defiant leader of my 'LAN gang' audaciously questioned her credibility. On cue, I bblatantly lied in a desperate bid to deny the truth.
"Well Kenneth, I just want you to know that I care about you"
Right then, as her disapointment-ridden pupils found mine, i could have sworn that a pike has impaled my conscience. However I put in a mask of defiance and bewilderment. Then, she walked away in resignation writ on her face, leaving those heart-felt words on my mind.
As if the incident were a bad dream or a figment of my imagintion, she never brought up the LAN issue again. either did I continue my shady form of entertainment.
Although I have yet to own up, and will probably never, this particular incident was the one that spurred me to go the extra mile, to think twice before making rash decisions because I know that someone cares about me. To her, my unsung heroine, thank you.
(LAN- abbreviation of Locan Area Network connection. It is a network where local computers link up to play together. It is cilloquially used to represent Computer Gaming Cafes.)
Kenneth Kum
Sec 332
adopted from 'Our Gift'
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home